Foodies100 Index of UK Food Blogs
Morphy Richards

Thursday 21 March 2013

Spring, Spring, Spring!


Although we have not seen this through the windows  officially we have a spring.
  Spring is my favourite time of the year when I wake up from hibernation, I feel a new energy to everything.
The day is already long, and only remains for us to wait for warm and sunny days.
Spring is the time for me to clean up the whole body. As  always I do spring cleaning in my home to feel clean and fresh I also care about the cleaning  in my body. I do not know why but this is the time when I really should clean up my body, to make some healthy rituals in my life and enjoy the fact that the winter months behind me.In the spring it is definitely easier for me to take care of my diet. To clean my body of toxins  for some time it is really worth to avoid sweet, sour and salty foods that cause water retention in the body and added to the diet foods more bitter and sharp.
So I reach for the:

Grains: quinoa, barley, buckwheat, rye, brown rice, long grain


Vegetables: sprouts, asparagus, peppers, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, garlic, green beans, mushrooms, peas, onions, radishes and spinach

Fruits: Dried fruits, apples and pears

Herbs: parsley, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, clove - aromatic herbs that can help reduce your intake of salt.

Protein: legumes (beans, sprouts, lentils, peas), pumpkin and sunflower seeds, white meat (chicken, turkey), freshwater fish and eggs (hard-boiled)

Oils: Reduce your intake of oils and I use mostly corn and sunflower oil

Dairy and milk products: for some time about 2 weeks so I try to avoid completely cheese, milk, yogurt and other milk products

Herbal teas with: cardamom, chicory, cinnamon, cloves, Dandelion, ginger, hibiscus, orange peel and strawberry leaves






As already doing "order" with my body, of course, I do not forget about exercise. Even though the weather does encourage me and I would like to stay a little longer in bed is really worth it to wake up before 7 in the morning, so that you can start your day with the rising sun. Exercising in the morning is the perfect solution for me at this time of year! This helps to stimulate blood circulation and strengthen the immune system. This is a great impetus to the very beginning of the day.

After the winter, my skin also becomes drier so I try to scrub it with special brushes for the face, body scrubs and do facials moisturizers, and if necessary I'll go to the beauty therapist to make my  skin fresh and radiant.

No comments :

Post a Comment